Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Top 10 Contemporary Books

Summer always leaves me with wanting to read contemporary books with cutesy romance and real-life situations in them! So I thought it would be a great time to do a Top 10 list of contemporary books I've read! It would be hard to put them in a 1-10 order on favorite because I love all of these for different reasons, so, I am just going to list my top 10 in no particular order! (Titles have Goodreads links)

1. The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet by Bernie Su & Kate Rorick
After watching The Lizzie Bennet Diaries and becoming obsessed with all the amazing characters they had developed from Pride and Prejudice, I was so excited to find out about this book! It dives deeper into the Bennet Family and adds more dimensions to the videos! Also I loved watching the videos alongside reading the entries and seeing what else happened during this time! Also reading Darcy's letter was very "Illuminating" as Darcy would say!

2. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
This book was so adorable and I loved the deeper message and tone it took on at the end. Plus it was just so addicting, literally didn't put it down the whole time i was reading it! Definitely a must read for the summer months!

3. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
This book is a cute book about a girl finding herself while visiting her dad at a small Oceanside town! This book is by far my favorite of Sarah Dessen's Books!!!

4. 13 Little Blue Envelopes Series by Maureen Johnson

These books are so cute and I loved seeing how the main character deals with each adventure the blue envelopes take her on! They are definitely great books to read during the summer or anytime.

5. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
My first taste of adult contemporary, and this book didn't disappoint! The main character Lincoln is so cute and I loved reading from his point of view. Plus it was interesting reading with the switches between normal and email formats! Plus Rainbow Rowell knows how to write amazing characters!

6. Anna and the French Kiss Companion Series by Stephine Perkins
There are two books out at the moment with the last one coming out in August! Let me tell you these books are like candy! I can't get enough of these books and read each of them in one sitting and am definitely going to reread them all over one "Ilsa ....." comes out! Love the characters, the stories, and how the books perfectly intertwine together! One of my top-top picks

7. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
This is by far one of the most relatable book I have ever read! Also this is my absolute favorite of Rainbow Rowell's books by far! it may partly have to do with reading it while going through my first year of college but seriously Cath and Levi are my favorite characters!!!

8. To All The Boys I've Loved Before Series by Jenny Han
I loved the relationships in this book! Whether it was between Lara Jean and the Peter or her with her sisters it just really flowed well and i loved how it turned out! Also I am counting down the days for the second book to come out!!

9. The Fault in our Stars by John Green
Now this doesn't fall under the cutesy, lovie-dovey contemporary but seriously this book needs to be read! The hype surrounding this book is not without warrant! I fell in love with this book and have reread it many times. Each time it amazes me with how great this book is!

10.Landline by Rainbow Rowell
This book was really interesting to read, while not my favorite Rainbow Rowell book it was still entertaining and kept me wanting more and i didn't set it down until i was finished! This i would have to say is the one that would push a lot of people out of their comfort zone because of it being an adult book and unlike attachments it is different and doesn't feel like a YA book but was very good I would definitely recommend it!


A Few Others I Like!
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
















Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson



















Just Listen by Sarah Dessen


An Abundance of Katherines By John Green

No comments:

Post a Comment